A Letter to My Daughter on Her First Birthday
Little Miss Sophie, today you are one year old and I can’t believe how fast time flew by. It feels like it was yesterday, I was anxiously awaiting your arrival and December 1st couldn’t come soon enough. I remember when they put you in my arms, no one tear but a cute smile and opened eyes looking around, that curiosity that has always defined you.
Little Miss Sophie, my life was forever changed in the best way possible when you entered this world. I never knew how much I could love another person until I met you and now that I have you, I finally understand the love of a mother.
These changing times have truly been a blessing in the sky, we have been able to spend every day together – laughing, playing and exploring this world, together. In a way, we both grew together over the past year. I developed a passion for reading, one that I will admittedly say I never had. I enjoyed staying up at night reading and researching everything baby related so I could provide the best for you and be the best mom to you.
Now, a whole year has passed and soon you’ll start to walk. For the past year you’ve been my biggest worry and my biggest reason to smile. You learned many things, but in a way, you taught me more than I taught you and we learned together…
- Sophie, the day you were born and you opened your eyes for the first I learned what love truly meant.
- The moment you learned to nurse, I learned everything about milk supply, latching. pumping and nursing.
- When you learned to laugh, I learned that there were not such a thing like bad days.
- You learned to scream and I learned that you were a strong little girl with determination.
- You learned to say “mama” on Father’s Day, and I learned not to scream in excitement every time you said, because that scared you – but that became a memorable moments in life
- When you learned to crawl, I learned that nothing could stop you…You were always on a mission, my little scooter.
- The day you learned to eat solid foods, I learned what the best baby foods were so you could grow bigger and stronger.
- When you stood up for the first time, I learned that you wouldn’t stay a baby forever.
Little Miss Sophie, you bring us more joy than you will ever know and my love for you grows as fas as you do. I seriously don’t know how I ever did life without you but watching you grow before my eyes, has been the best experience in life. You’re my greatest accomplishment, my greatest blessing and my greatest gift. I love you more than words.
Remember that no matter how old you are… I will love you forever, I will like you for always, as long as you’re living my baby you will be. Thank you for making me your mommy.
Happy 1st birthday Little Miss Sophie.